Insimenator.org
June 25, 2024, 11:33:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Body-Shop and packages..  (Read 2734 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MissBubbles

RAWR! :>

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:00:15 pm »

Okay, so I made a few really cute re-colors of  maxis meshes and I want to share them.

If I just use package in the 'project' subfolder of the item, will it work on it's own as the outfit? I need to know.

Thanks for any help!

All you have to do is swat me with a roll of newspaper and I\'ll behave.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:10:45 pm »

You click the "import to game" button, and find the file(s) in the SavedSims folder Smiley

The files will have the project name as a base, with 8 random numbers plus a "_" in front.

If the project is named "redhat", for instance, the file might be named "d5a07293_redhat". If you use the project several times, they will have the same base name but different numbers (you can use the same project as many times as you want, but remember to save picture files like PSD if you plan to use them several times).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:14:37 pm »

Will they have the same filenames I gave them in body-shop?

Thanks Raven. Smiley

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 07:20:10 pm »

The name you give them will show as the tooltip. If you want the file to have that name, you can copy the name and paste it into the filename box after you've quit Bodyshop (notepad is a great thing Wink).

It's safe to rename Bodyshop files after you've exited (you probably won't be allowed to change filenames before you've quitted Bodyshop)  

If you feel like doing so, you can also recathegorize and even rename clothing with the Wardrobe Wrangler if you've got it (change cathegories or ages/genders as far as it goes without needing new meshes). It's much more noob friendly than SimPE for clothing (I rarely ever us SimPE for this any longer)...

The file in the project folder is some sort of a file copy or file original (I'm not sure about this), only for Bodyshop use. It won't work ingame, not even in your own game.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:22:56 pm »

As in Everyday, Formal, PJs, Undies, etc?
I usually categorise mine as all the ones they could possibly be before importing.

I think I got it. I've been much more manuverable around my sims folders. XD

Thanks Raven. As usual you're amazing. Cheesy

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 07:28:07 pm »

Yup Smiley

You can also switch between child/toddler boy and girl with the WW, and between adult/YA/elder. Even add extra options on toddler clothing (like formal, swim and so on). Comes in handy sometimes.

Bodyshop always messes up for me, so if I cathegorize in there, the project file for some bizarre reason tends to go borked (shows up invisible or as a random maxis outfit the second time, and disappears entirely the third time). At least I figured out when it happens, because it was really annoying when it happened seemingly on random...

Happy to help Wink

My site:

MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 07:32:07 pm »

I've never had a problem with Body-Shop [at this point] Except when I didn't know how to use it.

YAY

I'm gonna go color a bunch and then take pictures and then upload them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: