Insimenator.org
June 25, 2024, 11:28:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Body Shop keeps Crashing  (Read 1726 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nefertiti781

View Profile WWW
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:34:56 am »

Hi All

i extracted a sim from my game yesterday with simpe as i wanted to upload her she is a born in game sims and she is gorgeous anyway i tried to open body shop today and it keeps crashing. the last time i used body shop was just last nite and it was running just fine. i have not downloaded anything for a good few days. and i have even deleted the cach ect and that does not do any good either it keeps crashing, i downloaded the hack conflict detection utility weeks ago. i used this morning to see if anything is conflicting and it came up that, the hack conflict detection utility is conflicting with the game, weird i no but im just not sure what to do to get body shop to work again.i was going to reset my game so i was wondering if this would maybe help it to work again ? i have even cleaned out my downloads folder and deleted a lot of cc like objects and some mods and hacks i also deleted. does anyone here have any ideas ? is there anything else i can use to upload sims maybe ?

thanx all

neff xx

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:15:08 am »

At one point, you could cause your game to crash by attempting to play with an extracted Sim in your Downloads, but I think that's fixed now, and didn't affect BodyShop anyhow.

Try dragging all your CC and the extracted Sim out of your game rather than deleting it.  If you've already deleted the game cache files, have you also tried deleting or dragging out the Thumbnails folder?  How about NeighborhoodManager.package (last resort, will cause a hood reset in all hoods)? 

If this doesn't help, try renaming your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder to something like TS2Back.  If it works, then open both the old and new folders and drag the subfolders from the old to the new.  Warning: Delete the Neighborhoods folder in the new folder before dragging your old Neighborhoods back in.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
nefertiti781

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 01:48:35 pm »

Thank you so much for the help miros1, problem is finally solved. thanx again.

neff xx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: